Flagstaff—or Flag, as the locals call it—offers an ideal, scenic environment for living and learning.
choose image to enlarge
- Northern Arizona University is a world class research community for earth science, ecology, climate science, and now informatics, among other disciplines.
- Flagstaff is a top small college town for quality of life.
- Flagstaff has some of the best weather in the U.S., with its southern latitude and 7000’ high elevation.
- Flagstaff has a great ski resort.
- Flagstaff is less than an hour from the world-class outdoor destinations in the Grand Canyon and Sedona, and 2-3 hours from the winter sports and entertainment venues of Phoenix and Las Vegas; both Alpine and Sonoran Desert weather are less than an hour away.
- Flagstaff is a “dark sky city” and a hotspot for astronomy
- Read More about living in Flagstaff...
- Read more about life at Northern Arizona University...
WANT TO BE INVOLVED?
Contact the Complex Systems Informatics Laboratory at the NAU School of Informatics, Computing & Cyber Systems if your passion lies in making a difference in the field of Informatics.